Product Spotlight: Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer
What is it?
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer is a daily brightening gel moisturizer that provides weightless hydration and a radiance boost for healthy-looking skin.
Brightens instantly over time
Hydrates for more luminous skin
Renews for a natural glow
- The ultra-stable Vitamin C Complex, comprised of two Vitamin C molecules, provides enhanced functionality in fighting oxidative stress. We’ve boosted this antioxidant complex with the latest biotechnology, extending the Vitamin C’s potency to fight free radical damage.
- Squalane derived from sugar cane is an excellent emollient that occurs naturally in the lipidic layers of the skin. It helps improves skin’s resilience, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- 5 types of Hyaluronic Acid deliver potent humectant properties for long-lasting hydration.
- Verbascum Thapsus Flower Extract, also known as the Bioluminescence Flower, transforms UV rays into visible light – creating instant luminosity and improving skin’s radiance for a brighter appearance.
Phytic Acid and Pumpkin Enzyme are known to help support skin renewal.
How to Use:
After cleansing and toning, apply over face and neck in light, upward strokes. Use twice daily, morning and night. Allow one minute for product absorption. For daytime use, follow with an SPF.
Han’s Beauty Review: Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer
- First, we love Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer because it is lightweight. In our experience, the thinness to the product texture allows the skin to feel airy and able to breathe. As opposed to cream, we prefer the gel texture that Dermalogica chose. (Note: don’t get carried away by the amount you use if you have oily skin. Although it is lightweight, 1/2 a pump - 1 pump is more than enough for the face)
- Versatility- Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer can also be used for areas that need hydration and brightening such as the neck and chest. The neck and chest are common areas with exposure to the sun and we find that the ability to add additional protection the neck and chest area adds extra value to this product.
- Can be used both day and night. Dermalogica encourages using sunscreen on top of BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer during daytime use in order to protect your skin while absorbing the product’s properties and to retain the efficacy of the active ingredients in the products.
- Han's Beauty Stor and many of its team members have always been huge fans of Dermalogica, but we noticed some time ago that they were missing a Vitamin C moisturizer. We were glad when Dermalogica began their BioLumin-C, Vitamin C based product line, a few years ago, but we are even more excited with the expansion of the line. The Dermalogica BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer definitely fills a void in their line of products and in accordance with the Dermalogica way, you can trust that their products are made with care. (Free of parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS & SLES, triclocarban, triclosan, and contains less than one percent synthetic fragrance. It is also vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.)
- Great to be paired with Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF50 and Dermalogica AGE Smart Skin Perfect Primer SPF30